Community Incentive Scheme (CIS)
Phase 2 of the Community Incentive Scheme (CIS) is now open for applications from local communities to support cross border river catchment improvement projects in the rivers Arney, Blackwater and Finn.
Project funding of up to €25,000 is available through the CIS to support communities who are interested in looking after their local river systems and associated lakes. The scheme is open to a wide variety of organisations including volunteer groups, community groups, NGOs, schools and third level education organisations, youth groups and sports clubs, not for profit organisations and farming groups.
CatchmentCARE has already implemented a successful first phase of the CIS grant scheme in 2019, where 17 community based projects were funded across the project’s three catchment areas.
In Phase 1 of the scheme, 17 projects in total across the three catchments were funded (3 in the Arney, 3 in the Finn and 11 in the Blackwater). These were:
- Kiltyclogher Heritage Centre
- McNean & District Anglers and Cleenish Angling Club
- Speleological Union of Ireland
- Coiste Sli Taobh an Mhuilinn
- River Finn Anti-Pollution Project
- Ballybofey and Stranorlar Integrated Community Company (BASICC)
- Armagh Fisheries Ltd
- Callan River Wildlife Group
- Edenderry Rod & Gun Club
- Emyvale Tidy Towns
- Friends of the Callan River
- Tidy Towns / Castle Leslie
- National Trust (Argory Mosses)
- River Blackwater Catchment Trust (2 projects)
- South Tyrone Farmers Group
- Torrent River Enhancement Association
Projects supported included, practical water-quality improvement projects, education and awareness campaigns, access to loughs and rivers for local communities, volunteer training, specialised equipment, community river trails, bio-blitzes, citizen science projects and interpretation and signage.
For further information and details on eligibility, contact your local Project Catchment Officer below or download the guidance notes and application form by clicking here
Arney Catchment: Lisa Doyle, email@example.com
Blackwater Catchment: Tom Woods, firstname.lastname@example.org
Finn Catchment: Sean Gallanagh, Sean.Gallanagh@loughs-agency.org